Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Color Me Mine~


Woops, I lied. Skincare will have to wait because I've been hooked on nail polishes (AGAIN!) most recently. I wish I could own the whole Essie line. Even so, I think I'd look for more nail colors. Something is definitely wrong with me. I won't blabber about the quality because it's a given that these polishes are chip-resistant! Some might claim Essie and OPI are pricey but you really get what you pay for! I promise you that. The reason? The color you see in the bottle is the exact color you'll get on your nails. I'm not saying other nail polishes fail to deliver but I know we all have experienced some color failure because it didn't come out the way it should have! I know how people might feel about the price though because I kind of feel the same way about Chanel's polishes. I have yet to own one and am itching to compare the two. Anyway, I've fallen in love with grey/lavender toned polishes and I seemed to have left a pretty grey polish, up north in a box I left behind. I didn't like any of the colors I had so went ahead and bought Angora Cardi by Essie as a temp. I didn't think much of the color but I realized how gorgeous it is and find it so suitable for the cold weather. The color just screams fall and autumn! I would describe the color as deep plum-like, deep rosey, burgundy...you get the idea! It reminds me of leaves, as odd as that might sound. :P

As for being hooked on polishes...I just picked up Cocktail Bling by Essie today. I originally wanted to purchase Merino Cool (mulberry-like) but they were out of stock, sadly. While I was walking away to purchase Cocktail Bling, I fell in love with a color called Pink Glove Service by Essie which is an adorable color that looks and applies a bit watery with the perfect touch of pink. :) I refrained myself from buying it because I told myself I'd come back for the Merino Cool and get the pink one then as well. I've also just discovered 2 more colors I'd really love to bring home. Haha! Horrible, isn't it? Again, it might be pricey but I think it's worth it. :) A lot of brands undoubtedly come out with really cute colors but sometimes they just don't hit the spot...which means you've already spent some money buying a bottle or two when you could have potentially been satisfied with the purchase of just one by a brand like Essie or OPI. I feel like I'm advertising here but just sharing my love for the brand! Hehe. I'll be back to review more polishes and brands so stay tuned. :)

Similar brands to Essie/OPI (naming off the top of head): Zoya, China Glaze, Butter, Nicole by OPI, Nails Inc. I've only tried 2 out of the 4 here so can't really review much but will definitely try out and review different brands as I go! :) Lyss has an addiction with nail polish too, I'm sure so you'll surely hear reviews from her as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our blog

This site is ran by two California girls who developed a close bond through fashion, itself!
We hope to share our thoughts with you as we post a variety of fashion, art, style and food all the way from the Bay to L.A.